Saturday, February 13, 2010

Return of the Vollie!

Hi there!

Long time, no post - I know, I know..! I guess that with these sorts of things (i.e. blogs) you start off fully intending to keep them up to date, but loose the "gusto" after a little while.

But never fear! I'm back - and this year shall be the best year! I'll tell you why...

  1. It's my final year of my nursing degree! Yay for moi! I am in my third and final year of my Bachelor of Science (Nursing) at university and hope to bring to you the trials and trivialisations of a student nurse - there shall be plenty, I'm sure.
  2. I will be applying for a place as a student Paramedic. That's right, I want to get PAID for doing ambulance work! After much thought as to whether I want to continue as a Nurse or apply for my original dream job as an Ambulance Paramedic, I have come to the conclusion that I much prefer the ambo side of things. However, nothing is set in stone so we will see how things pan out.

What do you think? Are you a Nurse cum Paramedic? Or the other way around? I'm looking for sound advice and reasons as to what path I should choose. Drop us a comment.

Anyway. So where have I been all this time? Well, since my last post many (many) months ago, I have completed two prac rotations for my nursing degree: One in a surgical ward and another at a mental health institution. Chalk and cheese you might say. I also enjoyed a holiday overseas on a tropical island and spent Christmas and new year with my family (Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you!). I also worked for a month as a swimming instructor to earn some money, which doesn't happen very often as a uni student!

I haven't done a single ambulance callout since November last year, so I look forward to returning to my role as a Volunteer Ambulance Officer this year and the spectrum of experiences that comes with it.

I'll keep you posted. Otherwise, give me a boot up the arse.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment